There are some superb web sites and resources on the internet (listed below). More importantly, there are a great many things to consider before making films. This is known as pre-production. Most pre-production can be done in a classroom and basically this is planning.
It is also possible to make films without a camera. This is the best place to start.
If you really want to make films right now in a classroom or with a group, and have no knowledge, then I advise finding some professional input.
Planning and Pre-Production
- Story – find, or create, a great short story. You will have creative constraints – list them first.
- Work on your characters, develop them. Hotseat them to get a backstory. Try to use adults for adult characters.
- Location, if it is an animation, they will need to be created. For fiction, scout it out and get permissions.
- Think about sound. How will it be produced? What style? How will it be recorded?
- Light, what is the light doing? Can it be improved? Made dramatic?
- Costume, very important for realism.
- Music, it is illegal to use copyrighted music for anything other than your own purpose. Create your own or look at creative commons websites.
- Decide upon roles and choose them.